Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California.
Dissertation: Correction, coregistration and connectivity analysis of multi-contrast brain MRI.
Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India. Thesis: Simple human motion recognition for video surveillance.
Research Scientist, GE Global Research, Niskayuna, NY, USA (2016 – present)
Working on cutting edge biomedical image analysis and acqusition.
Research Assistant, Biomedical Imaging Group, USC (2010 – 2016)
Developed several novel methods for MRI brain image artifact correction, coregistration and connectivity analysis. Also see publication and software page for more details.
Student Intern, Automation Systems Lab, CSIRO, Brisbane, Australia (May – July, 2008)
Worked on real-Time edge detection on 3D range data.
Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Electronics, IIT Kharagpur (Autumn 2009)
Student Researcher, IIT Kharagpur (2007 – 2010)
Worked on various projects including “Investigation of Photosensitive Epilepsy”, “Ultrasound Image Segmentation”. More details on my undergraduate project and oil-paint page.
- Honorable mention for Best poster award, 5th Annual Electrical Engineering Research Festival, USC, 2014
- Magna Cum Laude Merit Award & Trainee Stipend, Annual Scientific Meeting, ISMRM, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- USC Annenberg Graduate Fellowship (2010-2014)
- M.Tech. merit scholarship (2009-10), IIT Kharagpur
- Gold Medal for outstanding performance in Computer Science, 12th Grade, RKMV, Deoghar, India